Dr. Barbara Szvetits
Why is shark protection or marine conservation important to you?
The underwater world is unique and we all need the oceans to survive. Humans are overexploiting the valuable underwater world and almost all major shark species are now on the IUCN list of endangered species. I think that with SHARKPROJECT we can make people think and in the medium term save our sharks and the underwater world from extinction.
Do you have any special skills, experiences or adventures?
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Rescue Diver
- Animal rights activist with all my heart
- Vegetarian with a passion
- 20 years of experience in marketing
- It is especially important to me to inspire people for species-appropriate animal husbandry and a respectful treatment of our environment.
- The training of the 12 Red Sea Rangers in 2017 (with Gerhard Wegner at the request of HEPCA) on the behaviour of sharks and people on the occasion of a shark accident in Marsa Alam was a formative experience for me and showed me that SHARKPROJECT can make a valuable difference.
And which is your favourite shark?
Rhincodon typus (lat.)
Whale shark (engl.)
Life is beautiful :-)